From the Village Voice: Friday was the last day that the Hot & Crusty bakery on 63rd and 2nd Avenue…
8am-8pm daily picket of Hot & Crusty, 63rd St. & 2nd Ave.!
Workers and members of the OWS community are picketing daily the 63rd Street location of the Hot and Crusty Bakery, following its recent closure, alleging that the company has deliberately withheld rent payments, after a hard-fought and successful unionization drive in May 2012. The company, owned by private equity partner Mark Samson, gave the Hot and Crusty Workers Association 11 days notice of eviction from the property, informing employees that August 31st would be their last day. The union, led by grassroots labor organization Laundry Workers Center and a contingent from Occupy Wall Street, students, faith and community members are holding a daily 8am-8pm picket demanding the company discontinue its union-busting tactics, pay its rent immediately, and continue to negotiate a fair contract with its workers. The company has used several bait-and-switch tactics during negotiations, threatening workers’ immigration status to deter their commitment to continuing the fight.
Workers, community members and OWS activists are picketing daily the 63rd Street location of the Hot and Crusty Bakery, following…
Press release from the Laundry Workers Center on today’s occupation of Hot & Crusty. FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: Nastaran Mohit (914)557-6408, firstname.lastname@example.org…
- 2/27 Voices of Protest Mark Fashion Week
- 2/13 Protesting Fashion’s Killers at NYFW
- 2/12 Bankrupt Domino’s Franchisee in New York To Pay $1.2 Million to 61 Pizza Deliverers
- 2/07 99 Pickets Monthly Meetings – 5 MINUTE SURVEY / 99 Pickets Reunión Mensual – ENCUESTA 5 MINUTOS
- 2/06 Press Release: U.S. Clothing Brands Must Compensate the Victims of Garment Tragedies in Bangladesh