Restaurant workers at DISHES, an upscale midtown Manhattan deli, are standing up against wage theft and for safety and respect in the workplace.
99 Pickets and the Occupy Wall Street community are mobilizing in support of these courageous workers.
“Line clogging” is a fun, easy way to pressure a restaurant owner to negotiate with his employees.
More info about what’s happening at DISHES:
#KLAW kitten liberation armed whissitance
We’re getting ready for May Day! New York: join the Immigrant Worker Justice throw-down on May 1, 12 noon at Bryant Park.
From Bangladesh to the Jersey shore, (sing it!) Solidarity Forever!!
They have taken untold millions that they never toiled to earn,
But without our brain and muscle not a single wheel can turn.
We can break their haughty power, gain our freedom when we learn
that the union makes us strong.
It was a beautiful day in the streets for #S17NYC! #99PKTS
99 Pickets, OWS Arts & Labor, the Labor Outreach Committee, and Immigrant Worker Justice are all joining forces on the…
Meet up and march with OWS labor groups as part of the massive S17 People’s Wall in the Financial District. Labor…
In the vein of May Day, we will be picketing several employers and banks, supporting workers in their struggles against…
After the early morning “People’s Wall”, regroup and join the “99 Revolutions” with a mobile protest of exploitative employers and…
- 7/27 “Rude Mechanicals’ Protests Protested”
- 7/27 Group supporting Bangladesh factory workers protests outside Children’s Place Secaucus headquarters
- 5/28 EMERGENCY ACTION: Call Liberato’s Owner and Defend Worker Organizing
- 5/01 Press Advisory: May Day “Immigrant Worker Justice Tour” to Picket Downtown Manhattan Highlighting Labor Campaigns, Deportation and Detention of Immigrants
- 4/28 Global Day of Action For Victims of Rana Plaza Collapse
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013