Restaurant workers at DISHES, an upscale midtown Manhattan deli, are standing up against wage theft and for safety and respect in the workplace.
99 Pickets and the Occupy Wall Street community are mobilizing in support of these courageous workers.
“Line clogging” is a fun, easy way to pressure a restaurant owner to negotiate with his employees.
More info about what’s happening at DISHES:
#KLAW kitten liberation armed whissitance
We’re getting ready for May Day! New York: join the Immigrant Worker Justice throw-down on May 1, 12 noon at Bryant Park.
From Bangladesh to the Jersey shore, (sing it!) Solidarity Forever!!
They have taken untold millions that they never toiled to earn,
But without our brain and muscle not a single wheel can turn.
We can break their haughty power, gain our freedom when we learn
that the union makes us strong.
It was a beautiful day in the streets for #S17NYC! #99PKTS
99 Pickets, OWS Arts & Labor, the Labor Outreach Committee, and Immigrant Worker Justice are all joining forces on the…
Meet up and march with OWS labor groups as part of the massive S17 People’s Wall in the Financial District. Labor…
In the vein of May Day, we will be picketing several employers and banks, supporting workers in their struggles against…
After the early morning “People’s Wall”, regroup and join the “99 Revolutions” with a mobile protest of exploitative employers and…
- 4/13 At Her Allendale Home, Activists Call On Children’s Place CEO to Take Responsibility for Bangladesh Deaths
- 4/10 Solidarity Wins! Frieze New York Goes Union
- 3/30 Workers Speak out! News about the fight for retroactive pay & more from “Rank and File Workers for a Stronger DC37″
- 3/12 City Workers From Across Unions Met and Mobilized Around Campaign for Fair Pay
- 2/27 Voices of Protest Mark Fashion Week
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013