The majority of Walmart warehouse workers are hired through temp agencies, paid low wages, receive no benefits, and have no job security. They routinely lift heavy boxes – up to 200-pounds – from shipping containers on a piece rate system or for minimum wage for hours and days on end – in some cases 362 days a year. Workers encounter inhumane work speeds, moving up to 450 boxes per hour by hand, pollutants, high temperatures, little ventilation and intense retaliation if they complain about the conditions. Serious injuries on the job are common. For more info, check out Warehouse Workers United and Warehouse Workers for Justice.
You, too, can tell the truth about Walmart in their own stores! [Photo by Katie Moore.]
Walmart keeps standards low to give YOU low prices.
We’re Greedy. Find our competitors paying their employees less? We’ll match them, guaranteed.
We Exploit Workers. We gladly ignore abuses at our manufacturing and warehouse facilities. We also retaliate against workers when they speak up! :-)
#WalmartElves Rollback re-signing #Walmart
Unforseeable Costs from #WalmartElves @CorpAction #OurMart #WalkOutOnWalmart
Show Solidarity with Striking Workers! On Black Friday in NJ. Get your own signs here!
Psyched about the launch of our new project REBRAND WALMART
Support Walmart workers! How to culturejam and undermine Walmart.
Did you rebrand Walmart? Send your photos to our Tumblr page or email them here. Ready to Jam a Walmart…
Rollback? No… FIGHTBACK! More culture jamming at Walmart.
- 7/27 “Rude Mechanicals’ Protests Protested”
- 7/27 Group supporting Bangladesh factory workers protests outside Children’s Place Secaucus headquarters
- 5/28 EMERGENCY ACTION: Call Liberato’s Owner and Defend Worker Organizing
- 5/01 Press Advisory: May Day “Immigrant Worker Justice Tour” to Picket Downtown Manhattan Highlighting Labor Campaigns, Deportation and Detention of Immigrants
- 4/28 Global Day of Action For Victims of Rana Plaza Collapse
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013