Mobilize for Striking Fast Food Workers
Today, Thursday April 4 , over 400 fast food workers across NYC are starting a second wave of strikes for better wages and a union, marking the 45th anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
Like the sanitation workers that Dr. King marched with in Memphis, these workers are standing up for dignity and respect for all workers.
Will you support these courageous workers by mobilizing your friends, family and colleagues to come out today and Friday?
1) Join a picket line starting at 11am. Key locations:
- Wendy’s in midtown Manhattan, 259 34th St.
- Burger King in Harlem, 154 E. 116 St.
- Wendy’s in downtown Brooklyn 425 Fulton St.
2) Come to the Fast Food Worker Justice rally at 5:30pm in Marcus Garvey Park (124th and Madison). RSVP here
3) On Friday April 5, walk the striking workers back to work. Collective action is protected under U.S. labor law, and the workers are asking the community to be on-site at fast food locations around the city to support them as they return to the job. Sign up here; shifts are available throughout the day.
4) Can’t support in person? Sign the petition!
Post your photos and videos to Facebook and Twitter:
- 9/06 Solidarity Call-in to Liberato
- 7/27 “Rude Mechanicals’ Protests Protested”
- 7/27 Group supporting Bangladesh factory workers protests outside Children’s Place Secaucus headquarters
- 5/28 EMERGENCY ACTION: Call Liberato’s Owner and Defend Worker Organizing
- 5/01 Press Advisory: May Day “Immigrant Worker Justice Tour” to Picket Downtown Manhattan Highlighting Labor Campaigns, Deportation and Detention of Immigrants
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013