Mobilize for Striking Fast Food Workers
Today, Thursday April 4 , over 400 fast food workers across NYC are starting a second wave of strikes for better wages and a union, marking the 45th anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
Like the sanitation workers that Dr. King marched with in Memphis, these workers are standing up for dignity and respect for all workers.
Will you support these courageous workers by mobilizing your friends, family and colleagues to come out today and Friday?
1) Join a picket line starting at 11am. Key locations:
- Wendy’s in midtown Manhattan, 259 34th St.
- Burger King in Harlem, 154 E. 116 St.
- Wendy’s in downtown Brooklyn 425 Fulton St.
2) Come to the Fast Food Worker Justice rally at 5:30pm in Marcus Garvey Park (124th and Madison). RSVP here
3) On Friday April 5, walk the striking workers back to work. Collective action is protected under U.S. labor law, and the workers are asking the community to be on-site at fast food locations around the city to support them as they return to the job. Sign up here; shifts are available throughout the day.
4) Can’t support in person? Sign the petition!
Post your photos and videos to Facebook and Twitter:
- 11/25 On #BlackFriday, Join Walmart Workers Fasting for $15/hour
- 9/06 Solidarity Call-in to Liberato
- 7/27 “Rude Mechanicals’ Protests Protested”
- 7/27 Group supporting Bangladesh factory workers protests outside Children’s Place Secaucus headquarters
- 5/28 EMERGENCY ACTION: Call Liberato’s Owner and Defend Worker Organizing
- May 2016
- April 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- January 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014