Kensington Residents: “Sign the Contract, Sonny!”
On Sunday, Feb. 10, a delegation of Kensington residents delivered dozens of pledge cards to Golden Farm, a grocery store in Brooklyn. 60 former customers, who together used to spend over $4,000 a week at the store, have pledged to return to shop when owner Sonny Kim signs a fair contract with Golden Farm workers and their union. The cards represent only a portion of the community members boycotting the store in support of the workers.
Although Sonny Kim wasn’t in the store, we tried to give the cards to Sharon Kim, a manager of the store and Sonny’s wife. Kim refused to speak to us, and denied any involvement with the store, but we were able to deliver our message: “Sign the contract, Sonny!” Golden Farm stands to regain a lot of business when workers finally have a fair contract.
- 4/23 May Day Immigrant Worker Justice Tour!!
- 4/13 At Her Allendale Home, Activists Call On Children’s Place CEO to Take Responsibility for Bangladesh Deaths
- 4/10 Solidarity Wins! Frieze New York Goes Union
- 3/30 Workers Speak out! News about the fight for retroactive pay & more from “Rank and File Workers for a Stronger DC37″
- 3/12 City Workers From Across Unions Met and Mobilized Around Campaign for Fair Pay
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013