Kensington Residents: “Sign the Contract, Sonny!”
On Sunday, Feb. 10, a delegation of Kensington residents delivered dozens of pledge cards to Golden Farm, a grocery store in Brooklyn. 60 former customers, who together used to spend over $4,000 a week at the store, have pledged to return to shop when owner Sonny Kim signs a fair contract with Golden Farm workers and their union. The cards represent only a portion of the community members boycotting the store in support of the workers.
Although Sonny Kim wasn’t in the store, we tried to give the cards to Sharon Kim, a manager of the store and Sonny’s wife. Kim refused to speak to us, and denied any involvement with the store, but we were able to deliver our message: “Sign the contract, Sonny!” Golden Farm stands to regain a lot of business when workers finally have a fair contract.
- 5/28 EMERGENCY ACTION: Call Liberato’s Owner and Defend Worker Organizing
- 5/01 Press Advisory: May Day “Immigrant Worker Justice Tour” to Picket Downtown Manhattan Highlighting Labor Campaigns, Deportation and Detention of Immigrants
- 4/28 Global Day of Action For Victims of Rana Plaza Collapse
- 4/27 May Day signs available in English and Español
- 4/23 May Day Immigrant Worker Justice Tour!!
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013