Golden Farm Pledge
99 Pickets and Occupy Kensington have teamed up in a new campaign aimed at showing Golden Farm owner Sonny Kim how much revenue he stands to regain by signing a fair contract with Golden Farm workers.
Since the workers of Golden Farm have called for a community boycott of the grocery store, sales have been down more than 50% on peak days. Residents are demanding that Sonny Kim sign a fair contract with the workers, restore workers’ hours that were illegally cut in retaliation for organizing, and reinstate employees that were fired for the same reason.
Members of 99 Pickets and Occupy Kensington are asking residents of Kensington, Windsor Terrace and Ditmas Park to fill out cards stating how much they used to spend at Golden Farm, pre-boycott, and a pledge to return to shopping at Golden Farm once Kim signs a reasonable contract with the workers — including paid sick days.
The cards will be delivered by a neighborhood delegation on Jan. 27, immediately before contract negotiations with the union.
If you don’t have time to fill out a card in person, use the form below! We’ll deliver it on your behalf.
- 4/13 At Her Allendale Home, Activists Call On Children’s Place CEO to Take Responsibility for Bangladesh Deaths
- 4/10 Solidarity Wins! Frieze New York Goes Union
- 3/30 Workers Speak out! News about the fight for retroactive pay & more from “Rank and File Workers for a Stronger DC37″
- 3/12 City Workers From Across Unions Met and Mobilized Around Campaign for Fair Pay
- 2/27 Voices of Protest Mark Fashion Week
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013